Thursday, January 19, 2012

Of birth months and nomenclature

The brat has been chuckling through Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and The Great Glass Elevator for some days now.
Before proceeding further let me get down on my hands and knees and thank the heavens above for transforming this complete non reader into a mildly interested reader, which on a Richter scale of one to 10, came periliously close to nine for me.
So, the other day, he sang the Augustus Gloop song for me, as sung by said knee high Oompa Loompas and wondered aloud.
Wot means Augustus?
I tried to get into Roman emperor and August and pre-eminent and all of which I needn't have bothered with.
So, he wuz born in August. For the sake of ending the discussion, I nodded as I pressed at the lift floor buttons.
And I wuz born in d monthof October.
So dat makes me Octobus Manral. I laughed. He continued earnestly. Mamma, will it be Octobus Manral or Octopus Manral.
Move over Bruce Manral and Krish Khan Kapoor, Octopus Manral is the new nom de guerre.

6 comments:

  1. Hehehe! Where's the 'like' button when you really need it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:12 AM

    ...by tht logic, u r Juno Manral...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inventive Octopus Manral :)..

    Kiran, please hop over to http://apster.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html - I've nominated and tagged you :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:34 PM

    krish needs a TV show of his own :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stop giggling.
    Love to Octopus from Auntie Julie.

    ReplyDelete