Sunday, March 11, 2012

Of signature flicking....

and not in the sense you would think.

I have a pretty basic signature. I sign K Manral. And it is legible and not a higgly piggly squiggly mess of heiroglyphs that would have signature experts tearing their hair out to decipher. My abbreviated signature is KM and pretty simple at that too. The child has been seeing me sign and compared with his father's indecipherable scrawl of a signature, mine seems much more identifiable.

Yesterday he brought home a form for his karate exam for a promotion to the next level of belt. From yellow he moves to orange. Within the form there is a space which says applicant's signature. He had me fill out all the blanks within the form and then grabbed it back with an unseemliness when it came to that particular space, plucked the pen out of my hand without a bye your leave and happily signed K Manral in his painstakingly uneven print script.

"Dere. I signt it."

But, I sputtered, that is my signature, you can't have the same signature as me, brat, you need to find yourself something else as a signature, something different.

"No," he said stubbornly, lower lip and jaw jutting out, arms folded defensively. "I tookt this signature. Now you go find anudder one fer yerself.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:50 PM

    so cute.. if only he knew how many people and places would need to be updated with the new signature info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is bratism at its best.

    ReplyDelete